Many of you have followed my blog through the years and may remember when I started working on Math Corps Philadelphia. It has been a remarkable experience for me! I learned a lot, met great people, and grew as a professional and as a person. The best part about Math Corps Philadelphia is the lives that changed (for the better) as a result of all the hard work of everyone involved.
It saddens me that we are no longer able to offer this free summer camp for Philly kids. There are several reasons for this decision (money, politics, etc.), but I won’t go into that here. But I will say that this was not my choice and I had very little, if any, say in this.
As I reflect upon my experiences with Math Corps Philly, I think about the things I will miss the most:
- I will miss the kids and watching them have fun during summer camp.
- I will miss the parents eagerly sending their kids to summer camp to learn and grow.
- I will miss shopping for daily breakfast and attending recruitment events.
- I will miss the late nights making sure everything is taken care of and everyone has what they need.
- I will miss being part of the Math Corps Philly Family.
Although there is some sadness, I am very excited about my future after Math Corps Philly! I do not know what’s ahead for me, but I am excited to find out. Should I continue my work in Math Education, I will update you here. Of course, I will always have a love for this “stuff,” so I won’t stray too far.
Thank you for all you’ve done to support me with Math Corps Philly through the years!